This recipe takes around 20 minutes to cook and paired perfectly with a glass of red wine. The creamy, cheesy orzo works perfectly with the pop of sweet roasted tomatoes. Orzo is from the pasta family but is not as heavy as some and is delicious at any time of the day.
-5 cherry tomatoes
-1 clove of garlic
-1 large celery stick
-3 tablespoons of butter
-10g Parmesan cheese
-45g cheese (any cheese you like will do)
-Basil or any of your favourite herb to garnish
– Turn oven onto a high heat (around 220 fan) and put the cherry tomatoes chopped in half into an oven dish, cook for around 20 minutes until they are soft and slightly roasted.
– After ten minutes of the tomatoes cooking, Cook the Orzo for around 8 minutes in boiling, salted water (or follow packet instructions)
– Whilst the orzo is cooking, in a small frying pan, soften the celery and garlic with a table spoon of the butter and seasoning.
– When the orzo is cooked, drain and add to the celery and garlic.
– Crumble in the cheese and add the rest of the butter
– Stir on a low heat until the cheese has melted and oozing!
– Serve into a bowl and top with the roasted tomatoes and some fresh basil (or your desired herb)!
– Pour a glass of red and enjoy!
Written by Lauryn: @lauryns_kitchen